There’s nothing I love more than a white lace dress! This dress is actually a dupe of a For Love & Lemons dress (but 1/4 of the price)! I was so excited when I found this dupe, but I will warn y’all…it runs HUGE! I got a small, and was literally drowning in it. I definitely am going to have to get it altered! I would size down at least 1-2 sizes. I would’ve gotten an XXS if it were offered, but they do have it available in an XS! My earrings have been sold out for a bit now, but you can find tons of great statement earrings that are perfect for spring HERE! 🙂
Prom was always my absolute favorite time every year in high school! I went to 4 proms while I was in high school, and it never got old! I always had so much fun scouring the Internet and shops for the perfect prom dress! Prom styles have definitely changed a bit since I was in high school…I love seeing how the different trends evolve and are reflected in formal wear! If only I could go to prom again in this Alyce Paris beauty!
Here are some major trends for my high school beauties gearing up for the 2017 prom season…
1. Lots of Lace: I’m always a huge fan of lace, so it’s no secret that I am obsessed with this trend! There is something about lace that is just so feminine and sexy!
2. Nude Illusion: This was also a trend popping up a lot in wedding dresses this year! I mean…how can you not love it when dresses are this pretty?!
3. Sultry Open Back: The open back trend is actually one that has stuck around! It’s definitely always been a favorite of mine. Showing off your back is so subtly sexy, while still being really classy!
4. Two-Piece: I think this was the most shocking trend as of late. It definitely was not around whenever I was in high school, and I actually hated it when I first saw it hit the runway a couple years ago! It’s grown on me now, but is definitely a style for a girl that takes risks with fashion!
5. Mermaid Silhouette: If you’re a girl wanting to show off your curves, this is a trend for you! This is my absolute favorite silhouette in formal wear…you might see this style in another gown I wear at a later date 😉
6. Long Sleeves:This is a newer trend that wasn’t really around when I was in high school, but I love it! So classy and elegant!
7. Intricate Embellishment: I’ve been loving all of the heavily embellished dresses this year! There is definitely enough sparkle to light up the room in a gown like this!
What are your favorite prom trends? Are there any that you’re not a fan of?!
Happy Friday! I love dressing up a casual tee and denim with heels! This tee from Stella B is seriously the coziest thing ever! It’s super flattering, and I love the oversized fit! I don’t wear jeans super often, so Dylan always gets SO excited when he comes home to me wearing them! Haha! He’s so weird…it’s the cutest thing ever! This pair has a lot of stretch to it, which is a must for me! Denim that closely resembles the feeling of leggings are my kinda denim!
In other news, I’ve teamed up with some of my amazing blogger friends to give away a Gucci bag! And it’s literally amazing! I’m so tempted to buy it for myself, too! Be sure to enter at the bottom of this post!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Dylan and I had so much fun doing this Valentine’s Day shoot! This Alyce Paris gown is so dramatic and stunning! Tonight, we are heading to Alamo Drafthouse (not sure if they’re just in Texas, but it’s a movie theater/restaurant in one), and we are going to see 50 Shades Darker! I don’t really know what to expect since I only read the first book, but I’ve heard good reviews from friends! I’ll let y’all know how I like it! I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one to be honest, but I’m giving the second one another shot! Haha!
In honor of the Valentine’s Day, I wanted to share 7 ways to strengthen your relationship with your significant other! No relationship is perfect, but these are some things I’ve found always help Dylan and I grow closer!
1. Unplugged Quality Time: Especially with my job, this one can be a hard one for us, but it’s so important to spend quality time together…without a phone attached to your hand. Whether you’re just watching your favorite TV show or going on a fancy date, it makes a huge difference when you’re 100% present with your significant other and not reading about Sally Mae’s dramatic break up on Facebook.
2. Cook Together & A Bottle of Wine: This is one of our favorite “date” ideas. We both work so much, so it’s nice to just have a relaxing night at home with good food and a bottle of wine. It’s always so fun finding out new yummy Pinterest recipes too!
3. Tell Them What They Mean to You: Everyone always says “Don’t just tell me, show me”…but don’t discredit the importance of also telling your significant other what they mean to you! This is one of my love languages. There is nothing that makes me melt like getting a long, sweet text while he’s at work reminding me that I’m loved. You can never tell someone enough how much you love and adore them.
4. Travel Together: Some of my favorite memories are ones where we are traveling together. There is something so special about breaking out of your comfort zone, going unknown places and seeing the world together. Take every second you can to travel! And if traveling isn’t in your means right now, take a trip to a neighboring city you’ve been wanting to explore for a fun day date!
5. Let Them Know They’re Appreciated: This one becomes even more important when you live with your significant other, and little things start to irritate you. Let them know how grateful you are for everything they do, no matter how big or small! It could be as simple as loving you every day to something bigger such as taking you out on a fancy date. Just let them know it doesn’t go unnoticed.
6. Alleviate Each Other’s Workload: Life can get crazy, and sometimes some weeks are just harder than others! Take on each other’s chores around the house if you can tell your S/O is drowning in work. I promise you it makes a huge difference!
7. The Power of Touch: I think this is the biggest one for me! You’d be surprised how much a hug can make you feel loved and safe. Even holding hands can make a huge difference in your relationship! In the end, it’s the little things that are the big things.
I get super excited any time I find great new boutiques! I was recently introduced to HER. Boutique, and to say everything is so cute would be an understatement! I picked up this cold shoulder sweater to transition into spring since it’s more of a lighter knit sweater. It’s so flattering and SO insanely comfy, y’all! It also comes in a really pretty burgundy color! Speaking of spring, how freaking cute is this floral dress?! I can’t even begin to tell y’all how excited I am for the influx of floral clothing to come with the warmer temps! Spring clothing is my absolute favorite!
Ps. if you haven’t entered the $1,000 Nordstrom giveaway yet, there is still a little bit of time left! Be sure to enter at the bottom of this post! 🙂 Continue Reading