My favorite time of the year is officially here! December is my favorite month EVER! Holiday cheer is in the air, and the month is fun-filled with family time, vacations, and holiday parties! When it comes to company holiday parties, navigating what to wear can be a little tricky. And it becomes even more tricky if you’re going as a guest with your significant other! The last thing you want to do is dress too immodestly, embarrassing your significant other in front of his boss and being the talk of the workplace (for the wrong reasons) the entire next week! Review Australia has a ton of great options for any company Christmas parties that you may have coming up! The quality is SO SO good! They also offer super quick express shipping, so you won’t have to worry about not getting the perfect outfit in time for the party! Here are some tips to ensure you’re company holiday party look is boss-approved:
1. Location: Find out beforehand where exactly the party will be hosted. Will it be in the office? Or a completely separate venue? How dressy is the venue? Will it be laid-back? Or will there be reindeer ice sculptures adorning every corner of the room? Haha! But seriously, location is important. Every year, I go to Dylan’s company Christmas party at a ranch. It’s super laid-back with children evvveeerrryyywhere (there’s even a petting zoo and jumpolines), so if I showed up in a gold sequin shift dress, black strappy heel and red lip, I would be extremely out of place!
2. Consider the Time of Day: Is the company party during office hours or is it in the evening? If it’s during office hours, opt for a more conservative party look that follows office dress code. This pink lace dress from Review Australia is perfect for a company holiday party during office hours. It’s feminine and figure flattering, while still keeping both your legs and chest covered. If the company party is after hours, you typically have a little more wiggle room with dress code and can let your hair down – just don’t take it too far. After all, you’re still with people from the workplace regardless of the time of day. It’s never appropriate to wear a super low-cut top or dress in my opinion, but you can definitely get away with a little shorter hemline.
3. Bump Up Your Accessory Game: Sporting a statement piece can be a great way to keep it conservative clothing-wise, yet still show your personality! High necklines offer the perfect opportunity for a good statement necklace or big sparkly earrings!
4. Don’t Be Scared of Sequins: A little sparkle never hurt anybody! Pair a chic sequin blazer over your black on black look, or throw on a sequin dress for your fancy Holiday soirée. Just be sure to make sure your outfit is modest, especially when opting for a bold sequin look!
5. Stand Out with Non-Traditional Colors/Patterns: A great way to stand out at a party is to steer clear of traditional colors. Although wearing red or green is pretty full-proof for holiday festivities, deciding on something against the mold is a great way to stand out from the rest of the crowd! This vibrant pink dress or navy floral playsuit are perfect holiday party options for the gal that wants to be noticed for all the right reasons!
Let me know which of the two holiday looks you prefer below in the comments!