Happy Valentine’s Day! Dylan and I had so much fun doing this Valentine’s Day shoot! This Alyce Paris gown is so dramatic and stunning! Tonight, we are heading to Alamo Drafthouse (not sure if they’re just in Texas, but it’s a movie theater/restaurant in one), and we are going to see 50 Shades Darker! I don’t really know what to expect since I only read the first book, but I’ve heard good reviews from friends! I’ll let y’all know how I like it! I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one to be honest, but I’m giving the second one another shot! Haha!
In honor of the Valentine’s Day, I wanted to share 7 ways to strengthen your relationship with your significant other! No relationship is perfect, but these are some things I’ve found always help Dylan and I grow closer!
1. Unplugged Quality Time: Especially with my job, this one can be a hard one for us, but it’s so important to spend quality time together…without a phone attached to your hand. Whether you’re just watching your favorite TV show or going on a fancy date, it makes a huge difference when you’re 100% present with your significant other and not reading about Sally Mae’s dramatic break up on Facebook.
2. Cook Together & A Bottle of Wine: This is one of our favorite “date” ideas. We both work so much, so it’s nice to just have a relaxing night at home with good food and a bottle of wine. It’s always so fun finding out new yummy Pinterest recipes too!
3. Tell Them What They Mean to You: Everyone always says “Don’t just tell me, show me”…but don’t discredit the importance of also telling your significant other what they mean to you! This is one of my love languages. There is nothing that makes me melt like getting a long, sweet text while he’s at work reminding me that I’m loved. You can never tell someone enough how much you love and adore them.
4. Travel Together: Some of my favorite memories are ones where we are traveling together. There is something so special about breaking out of your comfort zone, going unknown places and seeing the world together. Take every second you can to travel! And if traveling isn’t in your means right now, take a trip to a neighboring city you’ve been wanting to explore for a fun day date!
5. Let Them Know They’re Appreciated: This one becomes even more important when you live with your significant other, and little things start to irritate you. Let them know how grateful you are for everything they do, no matter how big or small! It could be as simple as loving you every day to something bigger such as taking you out on a fancy date. Just let them know it doesn’t go unnoticed.
6. Alleviate Each Other’s Workload: Life can get crazy, and sometimes some weeks are just harder than others! Take on each other’s chores around the house if you can tell your S/O is drowning in work. I promise you it makes a huge difference!
7. The Power of Touch: I think this is the biggest one for me! You’d be surprised how much a hug can make you feel loved and safe. Even holding hands can make a huge difference in your relationship! In the end, it’s the little things that are the big things.