I’m finally getting reorganized after the New Year…I feel like it always takes everyone a second to regroup after the holidays! I’m planning my editorial calendar for this next year, and I’m so excited about all of the new content coming up! I love spending the first week of the new year to set goals and really center myself before taking on the coming year. I truly believe that sitting down and writing everything on paper helps so much to keep you accountable when goal setting, so I wanted to share some of my personal resolutions and goals for 2018!
Business Goals and Resolutions:
1. Be More Intentional with Content: This past year, I let my personal life get in the way of putting 100% into my blog. I slacked on content, didn’t get posts up, got posts up that I wasn’t proud of, and ultimately just wasn’t putting out the content I know I am capable of. This year, I will focus more on creating amazing content consistently instead of a lot of “filler” content with quality content occasionally sprinkled in.
2. Pitch More Brands: As you know, a huge part of blogging (at least once it becomes your full-time job) is partnerships with brands. I don’t ever pitch brands myself and instead wait for brands to come to me with campaigns (mainly due to the fact that my personal life superseded my blog this past year), then choose to partner if I believe in the brand/product or kindly decline. This year, I want to be more intentional with pitches and form partnerships with brands I have on my “wish list” for partnerships.
3. Travel: Now that I am out of school, I want to travel like crazy! I’m so excited to more travel content to my blog and explore this beautiful world that’s at our feet.
4. Grow my Brand: I have huge goals for growth when it comes this blog and social media. I want to be able to reach, inspire, and help more women feel more confident through fashion!
5. Launch and Grow my Boutique: If you missed the announcement on Instagram stories the other day, my boutique will be opening in February of 2018. It’s something I have dreamed of doing for a while and am so excited about! I’m currently buying for the spring collection…I can’t wait to show y’all everything! The website is still under construction and the exact launch date is TBD, but you can follow along on my boutique’s Instagram HERE: Bella and Bloom Boutique
Personal Goals and Resolutions:
1. Get my Butt to the Gym: I know, I know. Could you be any more cliché, Katlyn?! I’ve had a gym membership for as long as I can remember, but this past year I let life get in the way big time. If it weren’t for all of the stress screwing with my appetite, I would probably be a whale! Haha! I haven’t been to the gym in probably 3 months, so not only is my membership fees being thrown down the drain, but I also don’t feel as energized. I want to make it a goal to wake up and go to the gym at least 4 times a week again starting now. Not going to lie, I am a little worried how painful my first day back will be! Lol!
2. Make More Time for Family: One thing that is really difficult when you own your own business is telling yourself when enough is enough. Working from home, there is nobody telling you when to clock out. Most days I am working from 8AM to 11PM, which you can see why that would be problematic in a relationship. I LOVE what I do, which is why I choose to just work all night. But I need to start setting a work schedule where I close my computer, ignore the emails I see coming in, and turn off “work mode” to spend time with my husband. When I look back in 10 years, I don’t want to regret putting work before my relationships with those I love.
Lastly, I wanted to say a huge thank you for following along my journey every day. I am so appreciative of every like, comment, email, share, etc that I receive from each of y’all. It truly feels like I have 120 thousand friends all over the world, and for that, I am so so blessed. I try to be as open and transparent with y’all as possible, but sometimes there is a lot going on behind closed doors that I choose to keep private since so much of my life is broadcasted for the world to see, cast opinions on, and criticize. This year in particular was one of those years where I really struggled behind closed doors. While there were so many ups, there were also A LOT of downs. It was probably my hardest year yet as a whole, so although I didn’t share every detail of the downs, just know that the kind words I received from y’all daily on Instagram, Twitter, etc. made such a big difference during times when my world seemed to be falling apart. I am so excited for the fresh start the new year brings, a positive mind set, and a motivated heart that is leaving the trials and tribulations faced over the past year in 2017.
Here’s to 2018 – the travel, the laughs, the babies (?), the success, and the friendships it may bring…
and more importantly, here’s to 2018 being the best year yet!