I just found these photos on my computer back from when I wen to Colorado in December! Haha! Better late than never I guess?! I’m definitely missing this view! The good news is that my sweater is now on sale since I waited so long to post this outfit! Oversized sweaters are always my go-to during winter…so cozy! Is anyone else completely obsessing over distressed denim lately?! I’ve been stocking up on so many cute pairs!
*Sponsored by Advil and Socialstars™
This time of the year is my absolute favorite for many reasons! Spring break and my birthday are right around the corner, which means I’m crazy busy preparing for vacations! I always seem to get sick in the beginning of the year, because the weather patterns are crazy! One day it will be 30 degrees, the next day it’s 80 degrees with crazy humidity, and the next it will be 45 degrees with pouring down rain! Texas weather is always crazy, but when seasons are changing…oh man…it’s on another level! And of course, it’s about the most inconvenient time EVER for me to come down with a cold or sinus problems. The last thing I want to be doing is sniffling every two seconds with horrible sinus congestion while jetting off to paradise! Haha! I constantly have Advil Cold & Sinus stocked away in my medicine cabinet for cold and sinus relief in case I come down with something trying to ruin my fun! I always take Advil Cold & Sinus when I can feel myself starting to get sick for sinus pressure relief. It is beyond crucial this time of the year…after all, it’s vacay season!
*Use as directed: 1 caplet/liquid-gel every 4-6 hours while symptoms persist. If symptoms do not respond to 1 caplet/liquid-gel, 2 may be used. Do not use more than 6 caplets/liquid-gels in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
There’s nothing I love more than a white lace dress! This dress is actually a dupe of a For Love & Lemons dress (but 1/4 of the price)! I was so excited when I found this dupe, but I will warn y’all…it runs HUGE! I got a small, and was literally drowning in it. I definitely am going to have to get it altered! I would size down at least 1-2 sizes. I would’ve gotten an XXS if it were offered, but they do have it available in an XS! My earrings have been sold out for a bit now, but you can find tons of great statement earrings that are perfect for spring HERE! 🙂
Prom was always my absolute favorite time every year in high school! I went to 4 proms while I was in high school, and it never got old! I always had so much fun scouring the Internet and shops for the perfect prom dress! Prom styles have definitely changed a bit since I was in high school…I love seeing how the different trends evolve and are reflected in formal wear! If only I could go to prom again in this Alyce Paris beauty!
Here are some major trends for my high school beauties gearing up for the 2017 prom season…
1. Lots of Lace: I’m always a huge fan of lace, so it’s no secret that I am obsessed with this trend! There is something about lace that is just so feminine and sexy!
2. Nude Illusion: This was also a trend popping up a lot in wedding dresses this year! I mean…how can you not love it when dresses are this pretty?!
3. Sultry Open Back: The open back trend is actually one that has stuck around! It’s definitely always been a favorite of mine. Showing off your back is so subtly sexy, while still being really classy!
4. Two-Piece: I think this was the most shocking trend as of late. It definitely was not around whenever I was in high school, and I actually hated it when I first saw it hit the runway a couple years ago! It’s grown on me now, but is definitely a style for a girl that takes risks with fashion!
5. Mermaid Silhouette: If you’re a girl wanting to show off your curves, this is a trend for you! This is my absolute favorite silhouette in formal wear…you might see this style in another gown I wear at a later date 😉
6. Long Sleeves: This is a newer trend that wasn’t really around when I was in high school, but I love it! So classy and elegant!
7. Intricate Embellishment: I’ve been loving all of the heavily embellished dresses this year! There is definitely enough sparkle to light up the room in a gown like this!
What are your favorite prom trends? Are there any that you’re not a fan of?!
Happy Friday! I love dressing up a casual tee and denim with heels! This tee from Stella B is seriously the coziest thing ever! It’s super flattering, and I love the oversized fit! I don’t wear jeans super often, so Dylan always gets SO excited when he comes home to me wearing them! Haha! He’s so weird…it’s the cutest thing ever! This pair has a lot of stretch to it, which is a must for me! Denim that closely resembles the feeling of leggings are my kinda denim!
In other news, I’ve teamed up with some of my amazing blogger friends to give away a Gucci bag! And it’s literally amazing! I’m so tempted to buy it for myself, too! Be sure to enter at the bottom of this post!