Happy Friday! I love dressing up a casual tee and denim with heels! This tee from Stella B is seriously the coziest thing ever! It’s super flattering, and I love the oversized fit! I don’t wear jeans super often, so Dylan always gets SO excited when he comes home to me wearing them! Haha! He’s so weird…it’s the cutest thing ever! This pair has a lot of stretch to it, which is a must for me! Denim that closely resembles the feeling of leggings are my kinda denim!
In other news, I’ve teamed up with some of my amazing blogger friends to give away a Gucci bag! And it’s literally amazing! I’m so tempted to buy it for myself, too! Be sure to enter at the bottom of this post!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Dylan and I had so much fun doing this Valentine’s Day shoot! This Alyce Paris gown is so dramatic and stunning! Tonight, we are heading to Alamo Drafthouse (not sure if they’re just in Texas, but it’s a movie theater/restaurant in one), and we are going to see 50 Shades Darker! I don’t really know what to expect since I only read the first book, but I’ve heard good reviews from friends! I’ll let y’all know how I like it! I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one to be honest, but I’m giving the second one another shot! Haha!
In honor of the Valentine’s Day, I wanted to share 7 ways to strengthen your relationship with your significant other! No relationship is perfect, but these are some things I’ve found always help Dylan and I grow closer!
1. Unplugged Quality Time: Especially with my job, this one can be a hard one for us, but it’s so important to spend quality time together…without a phone attached to your hand. Whether you’re just watching your favorite TV show or going on a fancy date, it makes a huge difference when you’re 100% present with your significant other and not reading about Sally Mae’s dramatic break up on Facebook.
2. Cook Together & A Bottle of Wine: This is one of our favorite “date” ideas. We both work so much, so it’s nice to just have a relaxing night at home with good food and a bottle of wine. It’s always so fun finding out new yummy Pinterest recipes too!
3. Tell Them What They Mean to You: Everyone always says “Don’t just tell me, show me”…but don’t discredit the importance of also telling your significant other what they mean to you! This is one of my love languages. There is nothing that makes me melt like getting a long, sweet text while he’s at work reminding me that I’m loved. You can never tell someone enough how much you love and adore them.
4. Travel Together: Some of my favorite memories are ones where we are traveling together. There is something so special about breaking out of your comfort zone, going unknown places and seeing the world together. Take every second you can to travel! And if traveling isn’t in your means right now, take a trip to a neighboring city you’ve been wanting to explore for a fun day date!
5. Let Them Know They’re Appreciated: This one becomes even more important when you live with your significant other, and little things start to irritate you. Let them know how grateful you are for everything they do, no matter how big or small! It could be as simple as loving you every day to something bigger such as taking you out on a fancy date. Just let them know it doesn’t go unnoticed.
6. Alleviate Each Other’s Workload: Life can get crazy, and sometimes some weeks are just harder than others! Take on each other’s chores around the house if you can tell your S/O is drowning in work. I promise you it makes a huge difference!
7. The Power of Touch: I think this is the biggest one for me! You’d be surprised how much a hug can make you feel loved and safe. Even holding hands can make a huge difference in your relationship! In the end, it’s the little things that are the big things.
I get super excited any time I find great new boutiques! I was recently introduced to HER. Boutique, and to say everything is so cute would be an understatement! I picked up this cold shoulder sweater to transition into spring since it’s more of a lighter knit sweater. It’s so flattering and SO insanely comfy, y’all! It also comes in a really pretty burgundy color! Speaking of spring, how freaking cute is this floral dress?! I can’t even begin to tell y’all how excited I am for the influx of floral clothing to come with the warmer temps! Spring clothing is my absolute favorite!
Ps. if you haven’t entered the $1,000 Nordstrom giveaway yet, there is still a little bit of time left! Be sure to enter at the bottom of this post! 🙂 Continue Reading
Eeeeeek! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! I love Valentine’s Day for many reasons. It’s such a great excuse to get with your loved one, or if you’re a single gal, it’s the perfect excuse to have a super fun “Galentine’s Day” together and grab drinks with your girlfriends! I wanted to put together several outfit options for different Valentine’s Day activities wearing one of my favorite jewelry retailers, Fashionest! In honor of Valentine’s Day, you can get 25% off your ENTIRE Fashionest purchase with “LOVE25”!
PS. It gets even better! I’m teaming up with my friends over at Fashionest to give away a $50 gift card to fuel your jewelry-lovin’ soul! Be sure to ENTER at the bottom of the post! <3
Outfit #1 – Fancy Night on the Town: I recently picked up this red lace dress from Nordstrom and y’all…I’m in love! It’s so flattering and the quality is amazing – perfect for a fancy dinner date with your man! I almost wish it would’ve been available in petite in my size, but the regular sizing ended up being fine too! I paired it with these gorgeous gold tassel earrings from Fashionest. They’re only $33 and so versatile! I already know I will be wearing them like crazy! Continue Reading
Over the years, I’ve noticed a HUGE part of how my day goes depends on how confident I am feeling that day. My mood seriously does a 180 if I’m feeling down on myself for whatever reason! There are a few quick things that I can always depend on to up my confidence and be ready to take on the world!
1. Smell Good, Feel Good: I don’t think there is any time I feel more insecure than when I feel like I smell bad! Haha! I started using Secret Fresh Scents deodorant in middle school because they had the prettiest bottles (How else would middle school girls choose?!), but I quickly realized it also works like a charm! Did you know 70% of women switch deodorants, because they feel like their body has grown accustomed to the product they use?! So crazy! Secret just launched their new Fresh Collection with their new patented Fade-Resistant Freshness Technology that leaves you feeling fresh for up to 48 hours! No more wearing off mid-day and having a mini freak out that the cute guy you work with can smell you every time you walk by! Haha! The new Secret Fresh Collection features 11 amazing scents, available in Clear Gel or Invisible Solid. Secret also just introduced a new scent, Cool Waterlily, a clean and light floral fragrance making you feel like you just left the spa!
2. Let Your Skin Rest While You Do: I used to be SO bad about this one y’all…I would always fall asleep in my makeup! Okay, really it wasn’t an accident at all. I was just too lazy to take it off! It’s so important to give your skin a break from all the makeup. Using makeup remover wipes and applying a face serum at night will do wonders for your skin! These La Fresh makeup remover wipes work like a charm (even on waterproof makeup)! You can get 25% off through 4/30 with “Babbleboxx”!
3. Shave it all off: Having silky smooth legs is another simple way to boost your confidence! I dealt with the worst razor burn ever until I started using Tree Hut Bare Moisturizing Shave Oil about a year ago. It seemed like any soap I would try always reacted badly with my skin and my legs were a hot mess! This oil has seriously been such a holy grail for me…leaves my skin so smooth and lasts so long! Continue Reading