Before everyone freaks out, no, we didn’t elope! Haha! I actually had this bridal post planned on my calendar since before I was even engaged. This Alyce Paris dress I ordered for this post came in the morning after he popped the question, so it was just such a funny coincidence! It totally got me in the wedding feels though! I’m completely obsessed with lace gowns, and I love the embellished detailing. Also, especially if you are a bride on a tight budget…girlfriend…this dress is perfect! I couldn’t even believe when I saw this gown was only about $400?! So good! They have so many other gorgeous affordable dresses that could be worn for your wedding day also (love this one here and here)! This is probably my favorite post I’ve ever done, because if you know anything about me, you know I’ve been planning my wedding since I was 8. I’m not kidding y’all. Someone asked me when I got engaged if I was getting a wedding planner, and I just laughed. I’m such a control freak and would probably just butt heads the entire time with her the second she tried to alter my vision for my wedding day! Haha! Since I am planning my own wedding right now and about to start the dress hunt, I thought I would share the top 10 wedding dress trends that were seen all over the runways for 2017!
1. Plunging Necklines: Deep, deep plunging necklines were seen all over the runways for 2017! I’m personally a huge fan of this trend! I think they’re so gorgeous, especially when accompanied by a long sleeve to balance the sexier neckline.
2. Intricate Lace: This is my absolute favorite trend currently! There is something so romantic about lace, yet still so sexy. If you follow me on Twitter, you probably saw me post my absolute dream dress (that I will never be able to afford…*cue heartbreak*), but the lace is just beyond gorgeous! Swoon. The things I would do to wear that on my wedding day…
3. Cut Outs: I feel like this is a trend that started more in prom/formal wear, but is now trickling into bridal. Cut outs are appearing all over bridal dresses for the coming year…I clearly approve hence this Alyce Paris stunner!
4. Long Sleeves: Everything comes back right?! I always used to make fun of my mom’s wedding dress with her long sleeves and poofy shoulders…well, long sleeves are back! This time, trading out the puffy sleeves that accompanied 80’s gowns for a plunging neckline…and I love it! I am always so mesmerized how designers take dated trends and reinvent them into something so modern and beautiful. Bravo!
5. Dramatic Trains: This is another trend I am absolutely loving. I actually don’t think I knew I loved long trains as much as I do until after trying on this Alyce Paris wedding dress! It was never a huge thing on my wishlist until now! Something about them just makes you feel so regal and romantic…love, love, love!
6. Low Backs: Yet, another stunning trend. Low backs are the perfect way to add a touch of sex appeal to your wedding dress without compromising class!
7. Bustier Bodices: If you haven’t caught on yet, bridal dresses hit the runway in a sexier form for this coming year! The bustier bodice is another one of my absolute favorite trends! The boning is incredibly flattering, and also incredibly sexy. Although it might deter some for resembling lingerie, it is no more revealing than your typical strapless dress. I mean, how stunning is this dress?!
8. Illusion Elements: Sheer accents are another way bridal dresses are showing off their sexy side this season. Sheer sleeve, bodices and necklines are so hot for 2017!
9. Pantone Colors: Light pinks, lavenders, and pastel blues were also popular on the runways for 2017. Although I think the gowns are so gorgeous, this is a trend that personally I am not a huge fan of. Maybe it’s the conservative part of me, but I just think white and wedding go hand in hand. I do know that these colors may be more flattering on some skin tones though than white would be, though. This one is a huge hit or miss trend depending on preference of the bride!
10. Off Shoulder: This trend is another one that has been seen as a huge trend in day to day wear, and it has now trickled into bridal! Although gorgeous, I don’t anticipate it will stick around in bridal for years to come. It’s definitely a style for the trendier bride!
Which are our favorite trends for 2017?! Which ones are you not a fan of?! Leave a comment below, and let me know which ones are a hit or miss for you!