Prom was always my absolute favorite time every year in high school! I went to 4 proms while I was in high school, and it never got old! I always had so much fun scouring the Internet and shops for the perfect prom dress! Prom styles have definitely changed a bit since I was in high school…I love seeing how the different trends evolve and are reflected in formal wear! If only I could go to prom again in this Alyce Paris beauty!
Here are some major trends for my high school beauties gearing up for the 2017 prom season…
1. Lots of Lace: I’m always a huge fan of lace, so it’s no secret that I am obsessed with this trend! There is something about lace that is just so feminine and sexy!
2. Nude Illusion: This was also a trend popping up a lot in wedding dresses this year! I mean…how can you not love it when dresses are this pretty?!
3. Sultry Open Back: The open back trend is actually one that has stuck around! It’s definitely always been a favorite of mine. Showing off your back is so subtly sexy, while still being really classy!
4. Two-Piece: I think this was the most shocking trend as of late. It definitely was not around whenever I was in high school, and I actually hated it when I first saw it hit the runway a couple years ago! It’s grown on me now, but is definitely a style for a girl that takes risks with fashion!
5. Mermaid Silhouette: If you’re a girl wanting to show off your curves, this is a trend for you! This is my absolute favorite silhouette in formal wear…you might see this style in another gown I wear at a later date 😉
6. Long Sleeves: This is a newer trend that wasn’t really around when I was in high school, but I love it! So classy and elegant!
7. Intricate Embellishment: I’ve been loving all of the heavily embellished dresses this year! There is definitely enough sparkle to light up the room in a gown like this!
What are your favorite prom trends? Are there any that you’re not a fan of?!