Fall is quickly approaching, so it’s time to start shopping for your fall wardrobe! With the cooler temps, comes more layers, which means more money invested per outfit. It’s important to be smart about your fall purchases, so you can mix and match staple pieces to get the most bang for your buck! I wanted to share my top 7 fall wardrobe essentials that every girl needs in their closet!
1. Comfy Tee: I always like to buy a comfy tee (or 5) for fall, because they’re so versatile! You can dress them up with OTK boots or dress it down in a cute, but comfy athleisure look! This is another great option, and also works with leggings!
2. A Great Pair of Denim: I like to invest in denim, because you will wear them all the time and have them for many years! It’s so important to find a good fit! I’m currently loving this pair of white denim, black denim, and blue denim!
3. OTK Boots: If there is one thing I wear to death in the fall, it’s OTK boots! I bought this pair of Steve Madden boots last month in both colors, and they are by FAR my favorite OTK boots I have ever purchased! They lace up in the back, so you can fit them perfectly to fit your thigh size! If you’ve ever owned OTK boots, you know they loosen over time in the thigh area and begin to look unflattering, so I love that these will never have that issue!
4. Watch: I’m constantly wearing watches in the fall! I don’t know why, but I tend to ditch my watches for fun, colorful jewelry during the spring. I always go back to a classic watch in the fall, though! This watch set from TOKYObay is a great option! It’s so unique and I love the two tone!
5. Blanket Scarf: With Texas weather, you really never know what the weather is going to be like. In fact, most days it changes by the hour. It’s completely normal to wake up with 45 degree temps (basically hypothermia for Texans), but by mid afternoon it will be 70 degrees! Scarves are so handy to have, because you can throw them on or off as needed. ASOS is usually my go-to for blanket scarves. They are just starting to get them in stock, but I’m loving this one and this one! They also brought back this, this, and this one I bought last year!
6. Fall Hat: I am OBSESSED with hats during the fall. They are so chic, and totally hide a bad hair day! Haha! This is my favorite hat currently on my wishlist! You probably remember seeing me wear this hat in several colors last fall, and this one is super similar to the one worn in today’s outfit!
7. Black Bag: A classic black bag is a must-have for fall! You can really wear it year-round, but I always wear black the most during the cooler months! I get a little nervous to invest in trendy bags, because I would rather invest in a classic piece that I know will be worth the $$$ long term, so I tend to find great dupes instead for the upcoming season! I fell in love with this Chloe dupe, and then found a super similar one under $30 for y’all! This is also a great Chloe dupe that would be a great fall bag!
Top: My Sister’s Closet ℅, also available in burgundy (ONLY $18!) ‖ Denim: Nordstrom ‖ Scarf: similar here ‖ Hat: similar here ‖ Earrings: similar here ‖ Watch: TOKYObay ‖ Bag: identical here (Under $25!) ‖ Boots: Steve Madden, also available in taupe ‖ Lipstick: Lumiere 2 ‖ Liner: Absolutely It
In collaboration with TOKYObay.