If I could count the amount of times I see someone complaining on social media about how much women have a disadvantage in different areas of life, I would probably be a millionaire. They seem to overlook one important thing though – women are strong enough to surpass any challenge thrown their way, and there are SO many advantages of being a girl! I’m teaming up with Vera Bradley to shed a positive light on why “it’s good to be a girl!” Not even good, GREAT!
Here’s some reasons why I think it’s good to be a girl:
1. Making People Eat Their Words: There are people out there who think being a women means you aren’t as smart, capable, or strong as males. We all know that’s not true, which makes proving them wrong even sweeter.
2. Makeup: I don’t know about y’all, but I love playing with makeup! It’s so much fun, and God forbid you get a pimple – it’s handled. Haha!
3. High Heels: There is something about high heels that just make me feel like I can take on the world. And then when our feet start to hurt, we can use it as an excuse to get foot massages from our S/O, because they like when you wear heels…so really it’s their fault! See how that works?! I’ve used that excuse one too many times. Works like a charm.
4. We Don’t Get Shunned for Having Emotions: Women will never have to deal with being seen as “too tough to cry.” You had a hard day at work? You’re out of vanilla ice-cream and you’re cramping? Go ahead, girl. Cry it out.
5. Bossy Lady: We can be so feminine and classy making heads turn, yet a total bossy lady who kills it in her career. There’s nothing more empowering than being a fierce, intelligent business woman who is also so elegant and graceful.
Why do you think it’s good to be a girl? Check out Vera Bradley’s campaign here, and let me know your favorite part of being a girl!
Sponsored by Vera Bradley